To Be A Mockingbird
A pragmatic and highly efficient workshop – the perfect opportunity for anyone who's curious about clowning or physical acting for comedy.
mockingbird | ˈmɒkɪŋbəːd |
a long-tailed thrush-like songbird with greyish plumage, found mainly in tropical America and noted for its mimicry of the calls and songs of other birds.
After a solid warm up and preparative exercises based on the Seidenstein method, we'll practise how to mock seriousness. Seriously.
Warm up and preparation
• use your body, feel it, trust it
• entries, exits, walks
• create something (very simple), present it
To be a mockingbird
• see and feel what's *really* going on – use it
• mocking as mimicking (different than making fun of)
• mock yourself, mock others and let yourself be mocked
You will not only have fun, but gain valuable insight in:
John Malkovic and two mockingbirds in action...
L'atelier sera aussi bilingue qu'il faut (français et anglais) selon les besoins des participants. Le travail est avant tout corporel.
Date & Time
Private studio located in Montreuil
(10 mins walk from the métro station Mairie de Montreuil)